Friday, November 16, 2012

Psalm 119- Week 19

0 comments
 

Qoph

145 With my whole heart I cry; answer me, O Lord! I will keep your statutes.

This is a cry of a man who does not keep the Lord's statutes out of obligation but instead out of love. Do you follow His word because of love or obligation? I have recently been pondering what does "with my whole heart" actually mean? Oh to engage with God in that way continually. What bliss!

146 I call to you; save me, that I may observe your testimonies.

When in trouble of any kind what is your first response? Do you cry out to God in prayer? David was a man who intimately knew he could cry out to the God who would save him and he did often. Then as God saves us we get to share His amazing grace and love with others. 

147 I rise before dawn and cry for help; I hope in your words.

When we rise in the morning who do we go to for help? Who do we put our hope in? Often times I put it in myself. Oh Lord, may my hope and cries be directed to You alone!

148 My eyes are awake before the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promise.

I was awakened last night. I found it extremely difficult to return to sleep. I was thankful for the quiet of the night and the meditation it gave me on His word. How often do we get this quiet before Him and His word? Let us pause more to just be with Him.

149 Hear my voice according to your steadfast love; O Lord, according to your justice give me life.

I love that we have a Father who adores us so that He delights to hear our voice. He never tires of hearing us speak to Him. I love that! He is the One and Only who gives life and life to the full.
 
150 They draw near who persecute me with evil purpose; they are far from your law.
151 But you are near, O Lord, and all your commandments are true.

Though the evil one would have us forget who we are or who we belong to he is indeed far from God and His truth. We must not believe those lies. God is near and all His words are true. Let us hide them in our hearts.

152 Long have I known from your testimonies that you have founded them forever.

Hands down God does not change. His ways are eternal. His word is forever. We can be thankful for this!

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff