Wednesday, April 11, 2007

College Ministry

1 comments
 
I just got done reading a book by Josh McDowell called "The Last Christian Generation." It is a really good book that speaks on the reality of us needing to get a hold of this generation for Christ. Through the influence of the culture and lack of parents availability something has gone very wrong. Our beliefs in Christ and the relationship with Him is being missed. It is our job to pass that on to the generation behind us. Tony and I have a HUGE burden and calling to be a part of this movement. We LOVE this generation of people and ache to know that the numbers of believers from them will increase. For they will also be the leaders in charge of our children when they are graduated. If I have any say in it this generation will turn around.

The picture above is of about half of the students we are blessed to have in our group. We have a group of about 30 which is very encouraging since the stats say that most kids in the youth group drop out of church after graduation. Our group is very faithful to coming to class each week and participating in outreaches for the community and each other. They bless us so much. So this is another thing that I spend much of my time doing. The summer months are by far our busiest months. Also, having small children has been an interesting challenge doing this but since we started this ministry from nothing about four years ago these students have seen our children grow up and really love them and are so kind to them. This class is such a precious blessing to us. I have learned so much from them and I only hope to return the favor. Please if you think about it lift up a prayer for them and us. They are the next generation of leaders and are making life altering decisions right now.

I also have to post this pic! This is my absolute favorite
pic from this retreat in Gatlinburg, TN. It is so precious
to me. I call it "caught in the moment of indulgence!" One
awesome cook in our class made cupcakes for another
student who was celebrating his 21st birthday on the
retreat. We also had two guest speakers come in and they were great! I think it is good to bring others in who love the Lord to share. I am sure the group gets tired of hearing us week after week! Also, we were blessed with two new wonderful leaders to help us with this large group! I was trying to post some of the other pics but I keep getting an error-so perhaps at a later time! The girl to the right is a very gifted opera performer. Keep your eyes out for her in the future! Much love to you! Oh yeah and on Sunday after class a big group is going to play paintball. I will not be there because I am watching the children! Good excuse huh? Well, I hate to miss it but I am sure it will be a great time! Pray for Tony!









1 comment:

ocean mommy said...

I will pray for these students. There are some really godly kids there and I was blessed to know them and watch them grow for the time God had us there. Love you girl!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff